Wednesday 19 November 2014

Once upon a time...

Winter means one thing... SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) aka nobody can function thanks to the dark mornings, sub zero temperatures, university deadlines and the increase in Christmas retail hours! (yay for work!)

The only thing getting me through these dark days, is the thought of a relaxing in a hot bath and watching Sex and the City. And no bath s complete without LUSH. And I've made a new discovery for my addiction. LUSH KITCHEN. This is the lush website in which a special kitchen makes limited edition products and gifts for order. One of the Christmas Specials is the Once upon a Time gift set and as soon as I saw the products, I knew I had to have it!






 It took about three days to come, and had THE cutest packaging. The delivery charge is about £3.95 which is the same as a whole lush product, but I just HAD to try these christmas specials. (I'm such a sucker for these marketing tricks)

The other thing that really excited me about this set is it has three products I would actually use! Usually you'll get a soap or a massage bar which are lovely, but I just never really use them, and wouldn't buy them in the shop, so why spend the money as part of a set. However, a bubble bar, a bath bomb and a bath scrub are my favourite things to use in the bath so it was an all round winner!

The first product is the Gingerbread house bubble bar. My first thoughts are WHY ON EARTH ARE THEY NOT SELLING IT IN STORES. I get that the marketing will increase sales, but compared to the amount of people who would definitely buy this in shops for being so cute, they can't be making THAT much revenue through limiting the stock online. You have to be a Super Fan to buy yourself a gift set as well as pay delivery! Maybe they'll have it in stores next year, its just too gimmicky to not sell mainstream! And it is by the way, the cutest! It smells divine, of all things sweet and spice and the cute sprinkles and cinnamon stick chimney are delightful. I almost don't want to use it as its making my bathroom look so christmassy however, I cannot deny myself christmas bubbles so I will. I just wish I could repurchase this again and again...




The second product is the Christmas Angel Bath Bomb. Although it arrived to me in several pieces, all said pieces were in the box and since they dissolve to nothing in the bath anyway, it didn't entirely bother me that it had broken. They make every effort to keep the products well protected, but no force of hell can compete with
Royal Mail. Not quite sure if her face was like this before they sent it, or whether she's in trauma from the journey! However, this covers my two favourite things in life, pink and mint chocolate. It smells divine, Im usually sold on anything chocolate, but mint chocolate sends me over the edge. And it really did smell of chocolate! Its packed with cocoa butter and milk powder, and it made my bath so creamy! My skin felt amazing and I felt like I was bathing in a bowl of melted ice-cream. Its fairly small as bath bombs go, its the size of 'Ickle Bot', so my only complaint here is that it wasn't bigger!


Finally, the fairy tale sugar scrub. Again being a sucker for marketing, I was really amused by the sugar mouse, sugar scrub pun. And the fact that they used white chocolate buttons just took it to the next level. This box truly is full of my favourite things. It smelt like sweet strawberry milkshake and the course sugar scrubbed away all my excess dry skin (and fake tan!). It was one of the most efficient and amazing smelling scrubs I have ever used. I'll probably get 2-3 uses out of it, and for £3 something thats pretty good going! I hadn't used Lush's scrubs in this form before, but they did not disappoint. I didn't really know what to do with the wet scrub afterwards though so I popped it back in a spare lush bag I had, be sure to have a spare bag laying around unless you want to leave it welded to the side of the bath.


All in all, this gift set really did make some of my (Lush) dreams comes true. Every products was girly, sugary and Christmassy which is everything I look for in bath products. If these three products were in store, I'd buy them again and again and again, however I cannot afford to pay for them to deliver them to me each time so for now I'll look back with fond memories of them, and hope lush eventually sell them in stores!

Please check out Lush Kitchen though if you're a fan, they come up with crazy ideas and sometimes you're even treated to a meeting with an old friend... today for instance, they're making and selling 'Ma' Bars', and we all need those chocolately, toffee bubbles in our lives again!

https://www.lush.co.uk/kitchen

xoxox


No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram