Monday 27 April 2015

Bleach Hair, Don't Care...



























First things first... I NEVER EVER attempt to bleach my own hair. That's probably why I still have hair. Hairdressers can be expensive, but it's for a reason! You wouldn't try and fix your own car, so why your hair? 

I have been bleaching my hair for 10 years now.. but I've mainly had foils all my life. More recently I have been getting scalp bleaches, purely because I wanted pastel hair and it has to be consistently white for this. I would generally recommend foils for everyone else, although they are more expensive and time consuming. I don't use heat on my hair everyday, I naturally have mermaid waves so can rock my naturally dried hair. Also if you don't own a Tangle Teezer yet, then you haven't lived. Its a hybrid brush/comb that glides through wet hair without pulling or breaking the hair. It can tease out any knots and it's really impossible that people are still using anything else. If you do one thing this week, pick one of these up. They're available in all the drugstores and at the salon! 

If you have me on Facebook or Instagram you'll know that I go to Sugar Skull Studios! My amazing hairdresser Chris and I always have loads of fun creating something sassy. Chris is so talented and really listens to what you want, it's been hard to find a hairdresser that is as inspiring and creative with my hair as I want them to be! But don't be put off by my unicorn hair, he's amazing at all styles and colours if you want a more subtle look. I would definitely recommend him, and the two lovely girls Frankie and Zoe, that work in his salon too! 

I feel like people really neglect their hair, in favour of spending money on body products and skincare. But hair is just as important! So I'm going to talk you through a few of my fave products at the moment..


NOTE: THESE ARE SAMPLE SIZES, PRICES DISCUSSED ARE FOR FULL SIZE BOTTLES.

The first thing I have to mention is Chris' own range. I was astounded by the quality of these products, you can tell a good hairdresser is behind them. Because I love having white blonde hair, I have always used a Silver Shampoo. Silver Shampoo is a violet pigmented shampoo which takes the yellow tones out of hair to make it more ashy. Chris' own version is seriously insane. It is THE most pigmented shampoo I have ever used. Yes it tends to make hair slightly purple tinted for the first day but if you're like me, you'll love that even more. If you like less of an extreme effect, mix it with your normal shampoo. The best bit? It smells like toffee.

Alongside this, is the complimentary platinum conditioner. This stuff is beautiful. Within seconds of it hitting my hair, it had turned to silk. So soft and silky, you can really tell it's a salon quality conditioner. It's my new favourite conditioner, and we all know how important that is for bleached hair! 

These products are both under a tenner each so its a real bargain!!!!! 


The other range stocked in Sugar Skull Studios is Redken. Redken is a super highly regarded hair brand. They originate from a salon on 5th Avenue in New York, which was beautiful when I walked past it earlier this year. Their products are expensive, but they reflect their quality. 

This extreme length range is especially targeted for damaged hair. It features an Anti-snap concentrate (pictured here) which is a leave in non-greasy serum. This stuff is packed with protein and restrengthens hair. Its also so easy to shuv this stuff on your hair after you've washed it so its really fuss free. This bottle is just under £20, so yes its pricey but you'd spend that on a dominoes pizza so why not on a huge bottle of hair miracle?

Other products in this range include a Hair sealer. This product comes in a tube with a painting brush head, it works by painting the liquid downwards on the ends on your hair to seal the cuticles down and stop them splitting. 

The Extreme length primer is a leave on treatment thats perfect to throw on in the bath and wash off for added strength. All the products in this range are targeted towards people who are trying to grow their hair without it snapping/splitting and Redken promises results in inches! 

This is the range I am currently using and so far am loving the results!!!



For those of you who don't need platinum or damaged hair products this diamond oil is my next favourite! Diamond oil is in the same family as Moroccan oil and acts as a super enriching supplement for hair. Instead of just selling the oil which can be tricky to use, Redken have incorporated it into their shampoo and conditioner for everyday (well 3 times a week!) use. This will not only improve strength and glossiness but the shine off these products are amazing! Im a sucker for glittery things and these products are like molten gold. 

Buying expensive hair products can be daunting, but they're definitely worth it, especially now we're heading into summer time and you'll notice the difference straight away!

If you need any advice or want to buy any of the products I have mentioned feel free to add the salon on Facebook or phone them on 01622 296470! 

They also have samples if you wish to try anything first!

Sugar Skull Studios are also celebrating their first birthday, new opening on Sunday 10th May 12-3pm, so come on down and celebrate with bubbles and fabulous hair!


xoxox




No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram